|Services:||CM / Owner's Representative|
|Client:||Knoxville CUSD #202|
|Project:||New Knoxville High School|
|Size:||135.450 Square Feet|
|Project Cost:||$31.6 Million|
- Provided complete pre-construction services including drawing reviews, estimating, and constructability reviews.
- Early involvement with BLDD and District #202 during the design which we provided nearly $1.3 million in value engineering during the design phase.
- New 135,450 sf high school constructed around their existing gym, which was adjacent to their existing high school.
- 750 seat, 3-story, state-of-the-art Auditorium, 1,400 seat gym, locker rooms, weight room, fitness room, and renovation of their existing Jensen Gym.
- Effectively managed and coordinated the work of the prime contractors and subcontractors while looking out for District #202’s best interests.
- Worked in concert with District Superintendent Steve Wilder and the entire design team to ensure this project was extremely successful, on time, and under budget.
WHAT OUR CLIENT IS SAYING…
As a public school Superintendent with no background in construction, it was imperative that we find the means to protect the school district’s best interests throughout the construction process. Roger Hess and his colleague Mr. Chris Tyra, have done that since the first day on the job. Roger has communicated openly and frequently with me, noting observations, concerns, and progress of the project. From large issues, to minute details, Roger has a wealth of experience. What little he doesn’t know, he researches to become informed. I found Roger to be on target with every issue we’ve faced. His expertise has been invaluable throughout our project.. I strongly recommend Mr. Roger Hess as a construction manager.
Chris brings his experience and credentials as a Construction Manager, and his knowledge and performance have already benefited us to the extent I believe his services have already saved us more than their fees. Chris is one of the hardest working, friendliest, most competent, dedicated people I have ever worked with. He takes his role very seriously and he brings a “down to earth” approach that is comfortable for us. As a superintendent of schools, I highly and without reservation recommend Mr. Chris Tyra and Midwest for consideration for their services