|Services:||CM / Owner's Representative|
|Client:||City of East Peoria|
|Location:||East Peoria, Illinois|
|Project:||New East Peoria City Hall|
|Size:||8,5000 Square Feet|
|Project Cost:||$2.3 Million|
WHAT OUR CLIENTS ARE SAYING…
Chris Tyra is extremely knowledgeable in construction field and has built a network of subcontractors that are responsive to him and do quality work. Additionally, I found that his peers in the industry also think highly of his skills and ability to execute and deliver. I would describe Chris as attentive and a man of his word. He made us feel like a relatively small project was his number one priority, in spite of him also managing other larger projects at the same time. The Ackerman family has been very pleased with the final finished product and the fact we were able to open on schedule, at a cost savings. We highly recommend Chris Tyra and Midwest to anyone looking for construction needs, whether large or small.
Midwest Construction Professionals is currently working on its first project with PCHS. Chris and Scott have been working very well identifying the project needs and working with our engineers to make sure nothing is missed while designing the project. Chris is very good at communicating everything to both the engineers and the district for the project.
As a public school Superintendent with no background in construction, it was imperative that we find the means to protect the school district’s best interests throughout the construction process. Roger Hess and his colleague Mr. Chris Tyra, have done that since the first day on the job. Roger has communicated openly and frequently with me, noting observations, concerns, and progress of the project. From large issues, to minute details, Roger has a wealth of experience. What little he doesn’t know, he researches to become informed. I found Roger to be on target with every issue we’ve faced. His expertise has been invaluable throughout our project.. I strongly recommend Mr. Roger Hess as a construction manager.
Chris Tyra, Roger Hess, and Scott Kelsey have all been an important part of our construction team throughout our current $17.4 million school addition and renovation.
Chris Tyra was an instrumental part of our team that made this large project happen. He is a man of his word. He is intelligent, hardworking, and diligent in his approach to dealing with both progress and adversity. We fully trusted Chris’ opinions and ideas as he led a team of contractors and subcontractors through the bidding process and up to job completion.
- Worked essentially as the Construction Manager during the entire pre-construction phase and the Owner’s Representative during the Construction phase.
- Provided detailed cost estimates for the conceptual, schematic, and design development phases.
- Worked with the City of East Peoria and the Design team to provide cost effective value engineering throughout the pre-construction phase.
- Managed the entire bid phase, including developing the multiple prime bid packages, creating the detailed scopes of work, as well as reviewing and recommending the lowest responsible bidders.
- Provided on-site construction observation throughout the construction phase while representing the City of East Peoria.
- Worked in conjunction with the City of East Peoria, PCM+d, and the General Trades Contractor to solve issues as the arose as well as ensure compliance with the project schedule.